The Arizona Department of Transportation reported 98,778 total crashes in 2020 resulting in 970 fatalities, and 28,610 injuries. After a motor vehicle accident, Arizona law dictates the injured individuals are entitled to compensation from the responsible party after a crash.
The law offices of Snyder & Wenner, P.C. can help you pursue damages you are entitled to if you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle accident. We have helped injured motorists in Phoenix receive the compensation they deserve for over 40 years. Compensation for injuries, pain, and suffering, lost wages, and in the event of a death, loss of consortium, may all be factored into your settlement check.
Types of motor vehicle accidents
The initial assumption of most Arizona drivers is that motor vehicle accident compensation is limited to vehicles with passenger cars. However, accidents may include the following:
- Truck accidents
- Overloaded trucks
- Light rail or train accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- DUI or driving under the influence
- Bus or public vehicle accidents
- Fatal car accidents
- SUV rollover
- Boating accidents
- Aviation accidents
…. And more
Why do most motor vehicle accidents occur?
There are many different reasons why a motor vehicle accident occurs, however, most cases are due to preventable incidents that involve negligence. In the 2020 Arizona Department of Transportation report, of the 98,778 total crashes, 4,506 were alcohol-related, 1,523 involved pedestrians, and 2,317 involved motorcycles. Other staggering crash statistics from AZ DOT include:
- Approximately 2.89 persons were killed each day by motor vehicle-related accidents.
- One person was killed every 8 hours and 17 minutes in Arizona.
- There were 113 persons injured every day in the state of Arizona.
- One person was injured every 12 minutes and 45 seconds.
- Alcohol-related crashes accounted for 4.56% of all crashes and 16.80% of all fatal crashes.
How often do motor vehicle accidents go to court?
In Arizona, approximately 5% of all filed auto accident lawsuits go to trial. That said, approximately 95% of filed cases will be settled outside of court or before trial. Most of the time if a case goes to trial it is because the insurance company is refusing to offer full and fair compensation for the injuries.
After an accident, you may be faced with piling medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, and lost wages from work. This is an incredibly stressful time for a victim, and we are dedicated to proving the liability of the other driver who caused the accident in order to recover damages related to economic and noneconomic circumstances. Our experienced lawyers will prove the following factors after an auto accident:
- Negligent driving from the other driver outside the realm of reasonable and lawful behavior
- Cause of accident — We will prove the driver’s negligence was the cause of your injuries
- Pain, suffering, and injuries stemming from the negligent action(s) of the other driver
With representation from an experienced auto accident lawyer at Snyder & Wenner, P.C., we will fight for fair and adequate compensation for your pain and suffering after an auto accident. Call us today for a free consultation regarding your motor vehicle crash report and receive the compensation you deserve.