Did You Receive the Wrong Prescription Because of an Error? Speak to an Attorney
Over a billion prescriptions are written every year, and each one has the potential to help a patient. When a prescription error is made, however, it can result in serious injury or even wrongful death. If you suspect that a prescription error has seriously injured you or a loved one, please talk to an experienced medical malpractice lawyer.
Prescription errors happen all too frequently—a doctor prescribes the wrong drug, the pharmacist fails to question a dangerous mixture of medications, or a nurse gives the wrong dosage. At Snyder & Wenner, P.C. in Phoenix, Arizona, we have the experience it takes to investigate and litigate prescription errors that cause serious injuries.
What Types of Prescription Errors Are Common?
Prescription drugs can be powerful healers when used properly. Unfortunately, mistakes are far too common. Sometimes the errors are caught before serious injury occurs. At other times, the drug results in catastrophic consequences. Some types of prescription errors include:
- Physicians prescribing the wrong medication for a condition
- Doctors prescribing the right medication but the wrong dosage or frequency
- Physicians prescribing a medication that is dangerous to take with other prescribed medications taken by the same patient
- Pharmacists failing to catch the doctor’s mistake
- Pharmacists filling the wrong prescription or dosage
- Pharmacists giving patients the wrong instructions for taking the medications
- Doctors failing to monitor the drug’s effect on a patient
- Doctors failing to carefully assess the need, risk, and effect of narcotic drugs
When a prescription error harms a patient, talk to an attorney.
No matter how busy a doctor or pharmacist is, there is no good excuse for making prescription errors. Patients harmed by prescription errors have the right to seek compensation for their injuries. Our medical malpractice attorneys have the experience and the client dedication to handle cases involving serious injuries and wrongful death.
At Snyder & Wenner, P.C., we focus our resources on the most complex and serious cases. In that way, we can give our full attention and concern to each case that we take. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured by a medication mistake, contact us for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
Prescription Errors FAQ