It happens far too often: A manufacturer does not take appropriate steps to assure a product is safe before placing it on the market. Worse still are the manufacturers who know a product is defective, but choose to risk the lives and safety of other people who buy or use the product.
If you or a loved one has suffered a permanent, catastrophic injury because of a defective product, please contact Snyder & Wenner, P.C. in Phoenix, Arizona. For more than 25 years, we have focused our law firm’s practice on complex cases involving serious injury and wrongful death.
Examples of products that have caused catastrophic injuries include:
- Dangerous drugs: Pharmaceutical manufacturers sometimes rush drugs to market and ignore bad results.
- Defective propane heater: When a heater or other appliance explodes, it can cause serious injuries to anyone nearby.
- Defective helicopter: We represented the family in a case where a defective helicopter hoist sliced off a cable and caused the death of an Air Force officer.
- Industrial equipment: An unsafe saw, a construction site elevator, defective scaffolding, or a badly designed conveyor system can cause catastrophic injuries.
- Tire defects: When a defective tire blows out, the resulting accident can kill or maim passengers and drivers of that vehicle and others around it. Was the defect caused by poor design? The manufacturer should be held accountable. Did the tire distributor, retailer, wholesaler, or reseller knowingly sell a defective tire? That entity would also be responsible.
- Auto defects: Did a seat belt failure cause a catastrophic injury? Was the car crashworthy? There are many types of auto defects—errors that were made in the design, manufacturing, or maintenance of an automobile. Examples include the Toyota accelerator pedal defect, defective seat belt design, defective tire and tread design, high rollover probability (SUV rollover), deficient roof strength and crush resistance, defective door latches, airbag failure, and brake failure.
With over offices in Phoenix, Avondale & Scottsdale, our team of personal injury attorneys can help you with your serious injury or wrongful death case.