Nursing home residents are vulnerable. They are in a nursing home because they need more care than they can get at home. Many of them cannot or will not (out of fear) report abuse and neglect. It is up to their visitors—friends and relatives—to notice signs of abuse and take steps to make sure their loved ones are safe.
As personal injury attorneys who have handled many nursing home neglect cases, we are aware of how difficult it can be to find the truth about abuse and neglect. When you call the Snyder & Wenner, P.C. law firm in Phoenix, Arizona, we can help you determine what steps you need to take.
- Have you noticed signs of nursing home abuse? In a safe environment, away from other people, ask your loved one about bruises, broken bones, unclean conditions, or other potential signs of abuse. Many victims are afraid to tell what happened, but if the abuse or neglect is obvious, do not accept the victim’s assurances that everything is OK.
- Report your concerns to nursing home management. If they blame the victim for falling or creating an unclean environment, if they try to tell you that bedsores are inevitable or that falling injuries are common, do not accept what they are saying.
- Report your concerns to the government licensing authority. You have the right to report what you have seen. If you are hesitant to do that, contact a lawyer who can advise you.
- If your loved one is in immediate danger, remove the victim from the facility. Vulnerable nursing home residents may not have the ability to fight back or call authorities. Take steps to protect your loved one.
- If your loved one suffers serious injury or wrongful death because of nursing home abuse or neglect, contact the nursing home abuse lawyers at Snyder & Wenner, P.C. We cannot take every case, but we can help you decide what your options are.
At Snyder & Wenner, P.C., our nursing home abuse attorneys take cases in the Phoenix area, throughout Arizona, and nationwide. We focus our legal practice on serious injury and wrongful death, and we give every case we take our full attention.