Dog bites can be very serious issues, particularly if a child is involved. In some cases, the bite injury is mild, and the dog owner agrees to cover medical costs. However, in most cases, the dog owner is only willing to pay based on the actual current medical bills and wants the victim to sign off on full settlement at this amount.
The experienced dog bite lawyers at Snyder & Wenner Personal Injury Attorneys help people get a fair settlement after this type of traumatic injury. Not only do we address the current medical bills, but we prepare a case that includes future potential medical issues, possible mental health treatment, rehabilitation, and a range of other damages based on the specifics of the case.
There are many different reasons to hire a dog bite attorney if there are any serious medical or mental health factors associated with the bite or the dog attack. The top six reasons include:
- A guide through the system – the legal claim process can be difficult for anyone to understand. Working with an attorney provides you with step-by-step information and support.
- Prove a case – lawyers prove your case, gathering and presenting compelling evidence to prove your account of the event.
- Representation during negotiation – negotiation between your lawyer and the dog owner or insurance carrier can often result in a settlement out of court.
- Safety – a dog bite attorney can take the necessary legal action to make your neighborhood or area safe by ensuring a dangerous dog is kept under control.
- Knowledge of the law – dog bite laws change, and our attorneys are always up-to-date.
- Allows you to focus on recovery – our legal team does the work and represents you through the process so you can focus on resting and recovery.
For more information on dog bite legal issues, call us at 602-224-0006.